- 4 lean pork leg steaks, 2cm thick
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup caramelised onions
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 100 g gourmet salad greens
- ½ cup horseradish mayo
- 8 slices crusty bread, toasted
- Season pork steak with salt and pepper.
- Heat griddle pan on a medium heat for 3 minutes. Brush steaks with a little oil and cook steaks on one side for 6 minutes without turning. Turn the steaks and cook on the other side for 2 minutes. Take the steak out of the pan without flipping over and rest for a final 2 minutes.
- Whilst the steaks are resting, spread mayo on each piece of the toasted bread. Place the pork steaks onto 4 slices of the toast.
- Top the steaks with caramelised onions, sliced tomatoes, salad greens and top with the remaining toast slices.
- Serve hot.
Steak sandwich is delicious served with tomato chutney in place of caramelised onions.
Originally posted on www.pork.com.au